Are you interested in the medical field? Do you display integrity, dependability, cooperation and concern for others? Then you may be a good fit for Job Corps’ Rehabilitation Technician training program.
On the job, you will ...
- Work under the direction and supervision of physical therapists
- Be involved in direct care of patients, including observation and treatment
- Help patients recovering from injuries and illnesses to regain movement and manage pain
- Assist patients with using medical devices and equipment such as walkers
- Educate patients on post-rehabilitation routines
Some of the career options you will have ...
Individuals with their rehabilitation technician credentials often go on to provide care for patients at rehabilitation centers, hospitals and clinics.
The credentials you will earn ...
In the Rehabilitation Technician training program, you will earn industry-recognized credentials.
- First Aid certification
- CPR certification
Students should also earn a state-issued learner’s permit and driver’s license upon completion of the program.
What you’ll need to start training ...
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent (can be earned at all Job Corps centers)
- Completion of all introductory and career preparation courses
- Passing scores on all written and performance tests
- Meet academic (math and reading) requirements